Pre-Registration1. What is StopLawnLitter.org?
2. Can I register my home?
3. Why should I register at StopLawnlitter.org?
4. How much does it cost to register?
5. How do I register my home?
6. Is my personal information safe?
7. Why is the StopLawnLitter.org sign better?
8. What happens after I register?
Post-Registration9. How will I receive my sign?
10. When will my sign arrive?
11. Where do I put my sign?
12. When will the lawn litter stop?
13. Where is my sign?
14. Why am I still getting lawn litter?
More info15. How do I register a lawn litter complaint?
16. Why am I still getting advertising packs in my mailbox?
17. When did the law take effect?
18. Is StopLawnLitter.org part of a municipal office? 1. What is StopLawnLitter.org? StopLawnLitter.org is a free service to help homeowners benefit from the new Lawn Litter Law. We bridge the gap between homeowners and the door-to-door advertising industry. (top) 2. Can I register my home? If you own or manage a 1 to 3-family home within the five boroughs of New York City you can register. (top) 3. Why should I register at StopLawnlitter.org? Please visit Why Register to read about the benefits. (top) 4. How much does it cost to register? Nothing, zero, nada, zilch... it's completely free. (top) 5. How do I register my home? Go to the secure registration page. (top) 6. Is my personal information safe? Your name and email address are kept confidential. Advertising distributors get only your street address, because that's all they need. (top) 7. Why is the StopLawnLitter.org sign better? Your StopLawnLitter.org sign is UV and weather resistant, and will last for years. Even non-English speaking carriers will easily recognize the colorful graphics from a distance. StopLawnLitter.org works with the distribution industry to train carriers to look for our signs. (top) 8. What happens after I register? Within 24 hours you'll receive an email with the subject line, "Confirm your registration at StopLawnLitter.org." To get your free sign you must click the confirmation link in the email. (top) 9. How will I receive my sign? Your sign will arrive by US mail. (top) 10. When will my sign arrive? Please allow up to three weeks for delivery. (top) 11. Where do I put my sign? Place your sign so it can be easily seen by carriers (pretend you're dropping lawn litter on your property). Simple instructions will arrive with your sign. (top) 12. When will the lawn litter stop? Deliveries should stop as soon as you put up your sign. You should note that it may take up to six weeks for subscribing distributors to add your address to their Do-Not-Drop lists. (top) 13. Where is my sign? If you confirmed your registration (see question number seven above) your sign should arrive within three weeks. (top) 14. Why am I still getting lawn litter? If you received your sign AND applied it as per the instructions, please allow up to three weeks for participating carriers to add your property to the Do-Not-Drop list. If your sign is properly placed, the lawn litter should stop soon. (top) 15. How do I register a complaint? You must register online with StopLawnLitter.org to use the complaint system. Login to the Members' Area and look for the "File a Complaint" link in the upper right-corner. (top) 16. Why am I still getting advertising packs in my mailbox? The new law does not apply to the US Postal Service. Advertising arriving by mail is postage-paid and NOT covered by the law. (top) 17. When did the law take effect? NYS Chapter 585 became law in September 2007 and took effect on January 1st, 2008. (top) 18. Is StopLawnLitter.org part of a municipal office? No, it is not. Please visit the About Us page for our full story. (top)
If you have any other questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to Contact.